The Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle Limited (the “ROKCC”) is committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under privacy and data protection laws where we operate.
You should be aware that each time you visit and browse through the ROKCC website (http://www.ringofkerrycycle.ie/) we may retain statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis. The statistical and analytical information we collect provides us with general and not individually specific information about the number of people who visit the website, the number of people who return to the Website, the pages that they visit, where they were before they came to the website and the page in the website at which they exited. This information helps us monitor traffic on our website so that we can manage the website’s capacity and efficiency.
What information is being collected?
We will collect personal information about you to facilitate registration through Future Ticketing Limited, a GDPR compliant data processor that provides certain eTicketing, data processing and hosting applications and platforms to the ROKCC. Details of personal information collected are as follows:
- Your contact information i.e. name, address, email address, phone number.
- Your gender.
- Your date of birth.
- Your emergency contact details i.e. name, phone number and relationship to you.
- Your credit/debit card details to facilitate transaction completion.
Credit / debit card numbers, and online donations are protected by a secure server software that encrypts financial information provided online. It prevents anyone else reading your personal and sensitive information while your donation is being processed.
If your voluntary donation is eligible for tax relief we may subsequently ask you to complete the relevant Revenue form (CHY4 Annual Certification) to enable the ROKCC claim the associated tax refund.
How information is used
Your personal information may be used to:
- Process your registration, donation or purchase and provide eTicket, receipts and merchandise delivery.
- Provide you with important information about the ROKCC event (e.g. bike tag collection)
- Confirm your identity when you make enquiries about your registration, purchases or donation.
- Provide you with information on how your donation is used
- Provide health care professionals and emergency services with your personal information in case of emergency.
- Communicate with you about the work that the ROKCC and its main beneficiary charities are undertaking.
- Address any queries, feedback or complaints you may have raised.
- Provide summary demographic information to existing and future sponsors.
We may also disclose your personal information to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Who will it be shared with?
The ROKCC may share your personal data with limited third parties and for the following reasons:
- Future Ticketing Limited in their role as data processor on behalf of the ROKCC. Future Ticketing Limited have undertaken to comply at all times with Data Protection Law including the GDPR. Furthermore, Future Ticketing Limited are expressly prohibited from selling, transferring, disclosing or otherwise allowing access to any Data to any party other than to its own employees to whom disclosure of Data is necessary for the provision of contractual services to the ROKCC.
- Any third party, with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product or service you have requested or authorised, currently the following:
- Future Ticketing Limited; regarding event registration and eTicketing.
- Stripe; credit / debit card details to facilitate completion of registration and merchandise purchases.
- Main Beneficiary Charities; should you decide to fundraise on their behalf.
- Irish Pilgrimage Trust; to facilitate delivery of your pre-ordered ROKCC jersey.
- Everydayhero; facilitation of setup of online fundraising page for the ROKCC/ your main beneficiary charity.
- ROKCC volunteers (e.g. medical volunteers, stewards etc.) and other healthcare professionals, in case of emergency such as an accident or incident such that your personal information is critical to your care, health, safety and wellbeing and/or the safe return of lost / mislaid property (i.e. your bike)
- To our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
We use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within the ROKCC. Unfortunately, no website, online data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised, fraudulent or unintended access that is beyond our control. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure or been compromised, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain personal information for a period of 24 months from the date of the ROKCC event in which you last participated, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. This 24 month period coincides with reporting requirements under the ROKCC insurance coverages.