The Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle Limited (the “ROKCC”) is a limited liability company registered at Allman House, Tralee Road, Killarney Co. Kerry. ROKCC is committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under privacy and data protection laws where we operate.
You should be aware that each time you visit and browse through the ROKCC website (http://www.ringofkerrycycle.ie/) we may retain statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis. The statistical and analytical information we collect provides us with general and not individually specific information about the number of people who visit the website, the number of people who return to the Website, the pages that they visit, where they were before they came to the website and the page in the website at which they exited. This information helps us monitor traffic on our website so that we can manage the website’s capacity and efficiency.
What information is being collected?
When you register with us we will collect personal information about you through our online system. We use this information to facilitate your registration through Active Network LLC, a GDPR compliant data processor that provides certain eTicketing, data processing and hosting applications and platforms to the ROKCC. Details of personal information collected are as follows:
- Your contact information i.e. name, address, email address, phone number.
- Your gender.
- Your date of birth.
- Your emergency contact details i.e. name, phone number and relationship to you.
- Your credit/debit card details to facilitate transaction completion.
- Credit / debit card numbers, and online donations are protected by a secure server software that encrypts financial information provided online. It prevents anyone else reading your personal and sensitive information while your donation is being processed.
- If your voluntary donation is eligible for tax relief we may subsequently ask you to complete the relevant Revenue form (CHY4 Annual Certification) to enable the ROKCC claim the associated tax refund.
Sensitive categories of data
If you are injured during the cycle, data regarding your health may be recorded by ROKCC medical volunteers in an incident report form. This data is obtained to arrange appropriate medical treatment and for health and safety and insurance purposes.
How information is used
Your personal information may be used to:
- Process your registration, donation or purchase and provide eticket, receipts and merchandise delivery.
- Provide you with important information about the ROKCC event (e.g. bike tag collection).
- Confirm your identity when you make enquiries about your registration, purchases or donation.
- Provide you with information on how your donation is used.
- Obtain tax relief on your donation.
- Provide health care professionals and emergency services with your personal information in case of emergency.
- Communicate with you about the work that the ROKCC and its main beneficiary charities are undertaking.
- Address any queries, feedback or complaints you may have raised.
- Provide summary demographic information to existing and future sponsors.
- We may also disclose your personal information to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Who will it be shared with?
The ROKCC may share your personal data with limited third parties and for the following reasons:
- Active Network LLC in their role as data processor on behalf of the ROKCC. Active Network LLC have undertaken to comply at all times with Data Protection Law including the GDPR. Furthermore, Active Network LLC are expressly prohibited from selling, transferring, disclosing or otherwise allowing access to any Data to any party other than to its own employees to whom disclosure of Data is necessary for the provision of contractual services to the ROKCC.
- Any third party, with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product or service you have requested or authorised, currently the following:
• Active Network LLC; regarding event registration and ticketing.
• Active Network via Global Payments: credit / debit card details to facilitate completion of registration and merchandise purchases.
• Main Beneficiary Charities; should you decide to fundraise on their behalf.
• Irish Pilgrimage Trust; to facilitate delivery of your pre-ordered ROKCC jersey.
• Everydayhero; facilitation of setup of online fundraising page for the ROKCC/ your main beneficiary charity.
• ROKCC volunteers (e.g. medical volunteers, stewards etc.) and other healthcare professionals, in case of emergency such as an accident or incident such that your personal information is critical to your care, health, safety and wellbeing and/or the safe return of lost / mislaid property (i.e. your bike).
• To our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
We use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within the ROKCC. Unfortunately, no website, online data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised, fraudulent or unintended access that is beyond our control.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure or your information has been compromised, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will retain personal information for a period of 18 months from the date of the ROKCC event in which you last participated, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. This 18 month period coincides with reporting requirements under the ROKCC insurance coverages.
How to exercise your information rights
You have the right to:
- Find out if we use your information, access your information and receive copies of the information that we have about you.
- Request that the information we have about you is corrected and/or updated as necessary.
- Object to particular uses of your personal data (please note that this may have an impact on the services we can provide to you).
- Have your data deleted or have its use restricted, under certain circumstances.
- Obtain a copy of certain data processed by automated means, which can be transferred to another provider (‘data portability’). Please note that the extent of portability depends on what is technically feasible.
- Withdraw consent at any time, where any processing is based on consent. If you withdraw your consent, it will not affect the data processing that was done beforehand.
We are obliged to respond to requests without undue delay and we seek to respond within one month. If we are unable to deal with your request fully within one month (e.g. because we have a large volume of requests) we may extend the period to three months and we will explain the reasons why. Please note that we may request proof of your identity before we respond to a request from you.
If you make your request electronically, we will, where possible, provide the relevant information electronically unless you ask us otherwise.
You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission.
You can contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner at:
Telephone: +353 (0)761 104 800 or
Lo Call Number 1890 252 231
Fax: +353 57 868 4757
Postal Address: Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, Co. Laois. 12.
How to contact us
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes will be made available on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.