TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all cyclists participating in the charity cycle event organised and operated by Ring Of Kerry Charity Cycle Limited (the “ROKCC”). All cyclists, by virtue of registering for the event acknowledges acceptance of and adherence to the Terms and Conditions set out hereunder.
1. The cyclist accepts that the annual ROKCC event is primarily a fundraising cycle for the benefit of various charities and not a RACE . The cyclist further accepts that they must fully comply with all rules of the road whilst cycling and importantly, show respect to fellow cyclists, other road users, marshalls, stewards and the many other volunteers that are there to support and encourage you on your way. Any cyclist considered to be competing against others, or riding dangerously or in an offensive manner will be stopped from riding the event.
2. The ROKCC event commences in Killarney from 0600 on Saturday 6th July 2019. All cyclists are expected to start in Killarney and not at other locations along the Ring of Kerry Cycle route, as not to so commence, will invalidate your registration, any associated insurances and support services ordinarily provided to those cyclists that start in Killarney.
3. It is strictly forbidden for any cyclist to allow another cyclist cycle the event on their behalf unless they have completed the Registration Transfer Process. Should a cyclist be unable to participate in the event, for whatever reason, they should inform the ROKCC at email@example.com
4. The cyclist is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending and participating in the event. This includes at food stop centres and throughout the cycle itself. The ROKCC do not accept responsibility for the actions of any cyclist, negligent or otherwise and furthermore do not accept any liability for loss or damages, consequential or otherwise caused by the cyclist.
5. Each cyclist, upon registration agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the route known as Ring of Kerry. If, during the event, they decide to change their route, then all consequences of this action are theirs and theirs alone.
6. The online event registration system, powered by Active.com, must be completed and submitted by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age and /or proof of identity may be requested at bike tag distribution or at any time during the event itself.
7. The rules of the road apply and must be obeyed at all times. Cyclists must remain on the left-hand side not crossing the white line and use hand signals as appropriate.
8. It is mandatory that all cyclists wear a safety approved cycling helmet complying with latest EN1078, ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards. Any cyclist not wearing a helmet will be stopped from participating in the event. The ROKCC reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
9. The cyclist confirms that the bike they are cycling for the event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of road worthiness and must carry a spare tube/puncture repair kit. The ROKCC is not liable for any assistance/repair work carried out at the request of the cyclist by volunteers.
10. During the event there will be warning signs and check points at appropriate locations along the route. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual cyclist’s responsibility to exercise due care and caution, particularly in adverse weather conditions, on uneven surfaces, on windy roads and/or on steep descents.
11. Wrist bands and bike tags must be present on the cyclist and on the bike at all times and will be required to gain entry to official stops and to use sections of closed roads and for health and safety reasons in the event of an accident or incident.
12. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists and any other traffic. The cycle is not a closed road event. Please always indicate your intention to stop or change direction. All cyclists must extend all reasonable courtesy to other road users. Please be advised that Safety Vehicles and ROKCC approved cars will be travelling on closed roads.
13. ROKCC reserves the right to alter the published route at any time in the event of an accident or for the safety and wellbeing of cyclists.
14. Each cyclist will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the cyclist. This includes, but is not exclusive to Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Rescue service.
15. Each cyclist hereby grants to the ROKCC an exclusive, absolute and irrevocable worldwide assignment in perpetuity in the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant obtained at the event and grants the ROKCC the right to use and publish such content in any and all media. The participant hereby releases the ROKCC from any and all liability from such use and promotion.
16. In the event that a participant fails to complete the full Ring every attempt will be made to assist with transportation back to the start line but will be arranged with groups and not as individuals.
17. Event registration fees and any voluntary donations cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
18. The ROKCC reserves the right to cancel the cycle, due to extreme weather conditions of Force Majeure or due to a major accident / incident. In such an event, each participant’s registration fee and voluntary donations (if any) will be automatically moved to the rescheduled event. No refunds of registration fees or voluntary donations will be issued.
19. Participation in the event is at the cyclist’s own risk. Insurance cover is provided for all cyclists against a third party claim arising as a result of accidental damage to a third party property whilst participating in an event. This insurance cover is adjudged void if it is deemed the cyclist has acted negligently or is not registered. No further insurance cover is provided by the ROKCC for cyclists participating in this event but the ROKCC strongly recommend each cyclist organises their own personal insurance cover
20. Cyclists are asked to follow all instructions by Marshalls/Stewards/Volunteers on the day.
21. Cyclists are expected to respect the environment at all times and not to drop or leave any litter on any part of the route. Such litter should be disposed of responsibly at the appropriate locations. Any cyclist found littering will be stopped from participating in the cycle.
22. Cyclists are expected to respect the roads, towns and countryside that the cycle travels through. It should be remembered that this is both a working landscape and home to many communities. Cyclists stopping for a comfort break are asked to use facilities provided at the food stops and along the route and not to cause any offence to local residents or other cyclists.
23. Cyclists are responsible for the safety and security of their own bicycles. The ROKCC does not accept any liability for damage or theft of bicycles.
24. Each cyclist accepts that it is expressly forbidden to use the Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle to fundraise for charities other than those nominated by the ROKCC and known as the “Main Beneficiary Charities”.
25. Each cyclist hereby understands and acknowledges that all fees/donations, charity pledges and any associated costs, paid to the ROKCC and/or to selected Main Beneficiary Charity are non-refundable under any circumstances including but not limited to injury, illness, weather related and /or a scheduling conflict.
26. Each cyclist hereby understands and acknowledges that personal details must be provided to the ROKCC to facilitate registration for the event. This includes name, address, email address, telephone contact number, emergency contact details, date of birth and payment details.
27. Each cyclist hereby understands and acknowledges that personal details will be shared by the ROKCC with the cyclist’s chosen Main Beneficiary Charity. The Main Beneficiary Charity will use this information for communication (using channels such as email, text, phone ) purposes related to my participation and my representation of that charity in the ROKCC 2018, including fundraising activities on their behalf.
28. Each cyclist hereby understands and acknowledges that it is their responsibility and obligation, if they register another cyclist to inform that other cyclist of the Terms &Conditions accepted on their behalf.
29. The ROKCC Privacy Pollcy outlines the use and storage of participant data captured.
I have read, understood, accept and will adhere to the Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle as set out on this site.